Saturday, September 26, 2009

Our Knowledge of Oil

In class this week we spoke about oil during our discussion and how important it is to us. We use oil for many different things in our everyday life. Many people take it for granted and I will be one to admit that I really do not think about what will happen if we ran out of oil. I am never really worried but after the discussions in class it has me feeling like I should be. Peak oil is the point in time where the maximum rate of global petroleum extraction is reached. I do not think the government makes us aware of how much oil we use or even give us an insight on how our lives might be without it so that we can care more about it. Until I came into this class I did not know how important oil was and its rather scary how our lives would be without it. Our economy relies on oil. So the government should tell and educate people on what could and supposedly would happen to us in the near future. In the Party’ Over it made me wonder are we really killing ourselves by using so much oil. It something that everyone needs to know. I feel like we shouldn’t be worried because it would have been brought to our attention a lot more. I am not really worried but after the reading and discussion in class I feel like I should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment