Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Ishmael by Daniel Quinn

1) Select your three favorite quotes and write them out. Give the page number.

-“Increasing food production to feed an increased population results in yet another increase in population” page 139
-“Man is not alone on this planet. He is part of a community, upon which he depends absolutely” page 101
-“Perhaps the flaw in man is exactly this: that he doesn’t know how he ought to live.” Page 91

2) After reading Ishmael helped me to apply things that I have learned in biology to life in a different way. Like sure we learn about cells the environment and such but never really learned about how to save the earth and how we are harming the earth and ways to actually save it. The little things we think are normal aren’t at all helping the earth and it helped me learn a lot more about biology besides the things that I have already learned. Ishmael made you notice that we aren’t changing for the better. With all the new technology, electricity we use, gas, the way we eat. Things have to change. Ishmael made me realize that I need to make some kind of changes about how I am living because I am not helping at all the littlest things could be a lot and from what I know I need to pass it on to others. I am helping to hurt the earth rather than save. Ishmael relates to this course because this course informed me on the many different ways we are harming the earth, how we can save the earth along with ourselves, how we are not well educated about the earth and we need to be. This course along with Ishmael has changed my views on how to continue the way I live life tremendously.

No comments:

Post a Comment