Saturday, November 21, 2009

Exam time... does it relate??

This week for exam number two, the class had to pick one or two things in their lives to give up and do without for one week. My two things I chose to give up were ice cream and chinese food. It's just two things I like, but I don't eat them together. The begining of my week was okay, but then it came time for my brother's birthday party, where my mom was serving ice cream cake! Mmmm, my favorite. Because I didn't want to insult anyone, I had a sliver of the cake. I learned how hard it was to not do something that everyone else was doing. I admit I have been in situations before where I had to chose to not do things like drugs, cigarettes, or alcohol, etc. But this was different. This thing wasn't going to kill me, kill my lungs, or liver. It was just ice cream cake. This was so much harder because I already know how good ice cream cake tastes, and everyone was having such a good time, laughing, talking, smiling, enjoying their ice cream etc.

I learned how this experience relates to class and everything we have been learning about. If one person starts doing something new, such as using the wind mill devices to help make energy for their home, and everyone sees how this affects that person...it may make others to want to join in. Of course using a device to help make up energy will make that family happier because they will be saving money and not using up as much energy. I think many people are scared to try new things in fear of it not working , and in fear of how they will look to others. I say... instead of using so much time and thought into what makes us look good, or what we know will work; we should instead try new devices and see which ones work for reducing the amount of energy used per home. And better the earth, one home at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment